Steklarna Rogaška Glassworks' rich knowledge of production and design of crystal products is supported by almost 350 years of tradition of Trebuše, Pohorje and Kozjansko regions, which used to take place in the so called »glažuta« or forest glassworks.
In the 18th and 19th century there were around 14 to 17 glass smelteries in the region of Styria and the glass industry was blooming.
Consequently, in the beginning of the 20th century it came to merging of the remaining glass industry units and therefore Viljem Abel, the owner of »Združene tvornice stakla« (»United glass factories«) established the glassworks, known as today's Steklarna Rogaška Glassworks, by Sveti križ in 1926. The manufacture started off with extraordinary success in 1927. In the last three decades of the previous century it attained outstanding progress and prosperity.