For centuries, the renowned thermal-mineral water (Tempel, Styria, Donat), rich in minerals, has been known as the natural treasure of Rogaška Slatina and holds a special status of the medicinal drinking water treating alimentary tract conditions. This gift of nature has acquired new meaning a decade ago, by adding spa and recreation dimensions – the Artesian spring of thermalmineral water, which is found 1700 m below surface. Its water is hyperthermal with 5800 mg/l dissolved mineral substances. The spring water temperature reaches 59°C, its power is 11 l/s.
The temperatures in the swimming pool range from 31°C to 36°C isotherm.
Sodium hydrogen carbonate sulphate chloride thermalmineral hypertherma contains: Cations: sodium, potassium, calcium, magnesium, silicon, lithium and tracks of barium and strontium. Anions: hydrogen carbonate, sulphate, chloride, fluorite, bromide and iodine. It contains sodium chloride (kitchen salt) and gives the water a salty taste. It is not harmful if consumed.
THERMAL WATER IN ROGAŠKA IS APPROPRIATE FOR THE FOLLOWING TREATMENTS:
- chronic degenerative conditions of the spinal column, extremities and joints,
- vertebrogenic pains, induration of joints, neuralgias,
- artrosys, spondiloartritis, ankylosante spondylitis (Morbus Bechterew),
- conditions after injuries and operations of extremities and joints,
- maintaining and prolongation of rehabilitation after the previous treatment at the health resort,
- reflex dystrophy, muscle laxity as a consequence of inactivity,
- prevention of osteoporosis, performance of pool exercises according to the programme,
- body repair and condition baths, recreation according to the wellness and fitness programmes,
- underwater massages.